An American military post on the narrows between Lake
Superior, Lake Huron and Michigan. It was captured by
the British at the beginning of the war and held until
after the peace was signed in 1814. It was an important
point for sending supplies to the First Nations allies
of the British. The post was also known as Fort Mackinac.
The site has been restored and is open to visitors, web