Government of Ontario

Ontario.ca     |    


Ministry of
Government and Consumer Services




Recognizing Our Donors: Corporations and Groups - Page Banner

Corporations and Groups


Business and Professional Women’s Clubs of Ontario

The Business and Professional Women's Clubs of Ontario (BPW Ontario) was formed in the early 1930s as the provincial wing of the Canadian Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs. These clubs aim to foster equality and improve the economic, political, social and employment conditions of working women through education, awareness, advocacy and mentoring within a supportive network. Additional records of BPW Ontario’s activities, mostly dating from the 1970s to the 1990s, were donated to the Business and Professional Women’s Clubs of Ontario fonds (F 207) in 2019, adding to the documentary history of women’s rights in Ontario.

[Return to top of page]


Centre for Women's Studies in Education (CWSE)

The Women’s Educational Research Centre (WERC)—a library and resource centre for research about feminism and women’s issues related to education—was established in 1976 as part of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) at the University of Toronto. When the WERC dissolved in 1998, its collection of approximately 300 feminist-themed posters was transferred to the Centre for Women’s Studies in Education (CWSE) at OISE, which continued to acquire similar posters from a wide variety of sources, including governments, academia, NGOs, and cultural groups. The CWSE donated the posters to the Archives of Ontario in 2017, and the Centre for Women's Studies in Education (CWSE) fonds (F 4698) serves as invaluable evidence documenting the history of women’s activism in the province.

[Return to top of page]


Dairy Farmers of Ontario

The Dairy Farmers of Ontario is the marketing group for Ontario dairy farmers, formed in August 1995 following the merger of the Ontario Milk Marketing Board and the Ontario Cream Producers’ Marketing Board. The group’s latest donation to the Dairy Farmers of Ontario fonds (F 4464) in 2017 documents the growth and unique activities of Ontario’s largest farming sector, and is a valuable addition to the agricultural records in the Archives’ holdings.

[Return to top of page]


The Laidlaw Foundation

The Laidlaw Foundation is a Toronto-based philanthropic organization established in 1949 by Walter C. and Robert A. Laidlaw. The Foundation donated its records to the Archives in 2017. The Laidlaw Foundation fonds (F 4699) documents the organization’s funding activities to benefit charitable, educational, conservation and cultural organizations in Ontario.

[Return to top of page]

Lynx Images Incorporated

Lynx Images Incorporated, founded in 1988, is an integrated documentary film production company, book publisher, and distributor that produced historical documentary programs and accompanying books. After the company ceased operation in 2017, partners Andrea Gutsche, Barbara Chisholm, and Russell Floren donated a number of Lynx Images Inc.’s films and related records to the Archives. The Lynx Images Incorporated fonds (F 4696) documents many of Ontario’s lesser-known people, places, and stories that would otherwise be lost to history.

[Return to top of page]


Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA)

The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations (OCUFA) was founded in 1964 as a provincial voice for local faculty associations. The OCUFA donated its records to the Archives in 2017. The Ontario Confederation of University Faculty Associations fonds (F 4703) documents the organization’s work to represent university faculty associations, and its advocacy for post-secondary education in Ontario.

[Return to top of page]


Toronto and North York Hunt

Founded in 1843, the Toronto and North York Hunt (TNYH) is one of the oldest fox hunting sports clubs in North America and was the first organized hunt association west of Montreal. The club’s records were first donated in 2009, and further records were added to the Toronto and North York Hunt fonds (F 4586) in 2018. Most of the records date from the TNYH’s incorporation in 1932 to the early 2000s, and document the association’s members, its business and social activities, and the history and traditions of fox hunting in Ontario.

[Return to top of page]